50% of total rental is required to secure reservation.
Reservations are not confirmed until guest(s) receive confirmation notice.
Please read your Vacation Rental Agreement. Any monies received by Chatuge Lakeside Rentals indicate the acceptance of the terms of our Vacation Rental Agreement in full. Please make sure all guests and/or members of your party are familiar with the policies pertaining to your rental.
- CHECK-IN TIME IS 4:00 PM – At the following: Chatuge Lakeside Rentals 1628 US Hwy 76 West, Hiawassee, GA 30546. Keys are NOT available until the property is ready for occupancy. No exceptions to this policy will be made. Chatuge Lakeside Rentals will use its commercially reasonable efforts to have the Premises ready for Guest occupancy at check-in time, but Chatuge Lakeside Rentals cannot guarantee the exact time of occupancy. Please call in advance if you may be arriving after 9:00 PM so that arrangements can be made for Guest property keys to be picked up. Please Note – NO ARRIVALS ARE ALLOWED ON THANKSGIVING DAY, CHRISTMAS DAY (DEC. 25) and NEW YEARS DAY (JAN.1)
- CHECK-OUT TIME IS 11:00 AM – NO EXCEPTIONS! Check-out takes place at our office; 1628 U.S. Hwy 76 West, Hiawassee, GA and is strictly enforced, so that Chatuge Lakeside Rentals will have adequate time to prepare the property for the next guest. Please return keys to the front desk before leaving. (Unless prior arrangements are made in writing with Chatuge Lakeside Rentals, Guests who do not vacate the rental property and return the keys by 11:00 AM or in the event Guest returns to the premises without the consent of the Chatuge Lakeside Rentals after turning in the keys and checking out, a fee equal to the rental rate for one (1) day will be assessed to Guest(s).
- RESERVATION REQUIREMENTS – 50% of the total rental fee required in advance to hold reservation. Chatuge Lakeside Rentals accepts American Express. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Money Orders, traveler’s checks, and Cashier’s /Certified Checks drawn on U.S. banks. Balance is due at check in with cash, certified funds, traveler’s checks, American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Upon receipt of deposit; confirmation and directions to our office will be mailed, faxed or emailed to Guest. WE DO NOT ACCEPT CHECKS.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT – Is required at check-in and must be credit card imprint (authorization only) No checks accepted! The security deposit due is $500.00 to $1000.00 and is an authorization only (hold) on any major credit card (five hundred to one thousand U.S Dollars) .Guest must present the credit card along with a valid drivers license at check in. This authorization will be released within 7 to 10 days of the departure date, provided the keys are returned to Agents office by 11:00 AM and there is no breakage or damage to the premises and/or contents, or cleaning costs, other than those normally incurred in connection with the occupancy of the premises. Guest(s) acknowledges Chatuge Lakeside Rentals authority to charge Guest(s) Credit Card for damages to the unit occupied by the Guest(s) and/or his/her Guest(s). Each Guest will be financially responsible for damage done to the property beyond normal wear and tear. If there is damage to a property or its property within, after the Guest(s) departure, the Guest will be notified of any excessive cleaning needed or damages made and the amount will be charged to their credit card. Chatuge Lakeside Rentals will pursue collection to the fullest extent. Guest(s) will be responsible for any damage caused by Guest(s), guest(s)’ family, guest(s)’ invitees, and guest(s)’ guest(s)
- CANCELLATION – A 15% administration fee is assessed for all cancellations. However, if Guest(s) cancel less than thirty (30) days prior to there arrival date at Chatuge Lakeside Rentals, Guest(s) advance payment will be forfeited. No Cash Refunds Are Given! (For a refund of monies, cancellation must be in writing and sent certified mail to: Chatuge Lakeside Rentals, 1628 Hwy 76 W, Hiawassee, Georgia, 30546 and received 30 days prior to arrival date. The 15% administration fee will be deducted)
- RESERVATION CHANGE FEE – All reservations that need date and/or property changes are subject to a non-refundable $100.00 rescheduling fee per change. All changes must be done prior to cancellation period expiration. You must make changes thirty (30) days or more prior to your arrival date at Chatuge Lakeside Rentals. Chatuge Lakeside Rentals may review cancellations that are requested less than 30 days before the arrival date. Chatuge Lakeside Rentals may approve a rescheduling with an administration fee at a rate of 50% of the advance payment. Any reservations that are approved for rescheduling after cancellation period has expired are non-cancellable. Guest(s) forfeits all deposits if a second cancellation occurs. There is no guarantee that the Guest will receive approval, so do not expect it.
- NO SHOW POLICY – The total amount of the reservation will be charged along with a $100.00 administration fee.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE – After your reservation has been made, if you have any questions, we will be pleased to answer them for you on our customer service number: (706) 896-2577.
- CONFIRMATION – Confirmation of the reservation will be mailed, faxed, or emailed to Guest(s) upon receipt of the reservation advance payment. Please read the confirmation for accuracy of dates, mailing address, number of adults and/or children and accommodations. Any errors must be directed to the reservations department within seven days of mailing. Pay close attention to the number of persons (Adults/Children) on the confirmation and lease! Occupancy is limited to REGISTERED GUESTS ONLY. Absolutely no overnight visitors are allowed. In the event this occurs your security deposit and rent will be forfeited and you will be asked to vacate the property.
- ADDITIONAL GUESTS (More than the lease states) – Additional guests and visitors must be pre-approved by Chatuge Lakeside Rentals in advance. (Each child counts as one guest). For approved additional guests , you will be charged $50.00 (fifty U.S. Dollars) per night per guest. IF YOU BRING IN EXTRA GUESTS OR VISITORS WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL, GUEST (S) WILL BE ASKED TO VACATE THE PROPERTY, YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT AND RENT WILL BE FORFEITED.
- KEYS – All keys must be returned to office at time of Check-Out. Guest(s) are issued one set of keys at check-in. Guest(s) are responsible for lost keys. The property must be re-keyed in the event that keys are lost, misplaced, or not returned. The Guest(s) will be responsible for cost of this procedure.
- LOCKOUT POLICY – In the event a Guest(s) is locked out of a property, the Guest(s) can borrow a key by coming to the office. After business hours, the Guest(s) must call Chatuge Lakeside Rentals at (706) 851-9346. An agent will meet the Guest(s) at the office. A charge of $100.00 is payable for obtaining the key after business hours. If no one is available at Chatuge Lakeside Rental Office after 11 PM, a locksmith will be required. We recommend Larry’s Locksmith. The Guest(s) will be responsible for the cost of this procedure.
- SATELLITE/CABLE TELEVISION – Basic cable/satellite is provided. PPV is not. DVD/VCR units are available on request at no charge. Movie/game rentals are available at local locations including Ingles and Movie Gallery
- PHONE CALLS – We suggest that you bring a cell phone (Verizon/Sprint/Cingular) have reasonable coverage in this service area.
- FIRE PLACES – Gas fireplaces are seasonal and are non operational from May 15th through September 25th. Use of wood burning stoves and wood burning fireplaces is NOT permitted.
- SMOKING – Smoking is NOT permitted inside. SMOKING INSIDE THE DWELLING WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT. Outside smoking is permitted but please do not litter. Failure to obey this rule will result in loss of security deposit and/or charge to credit card of $10.00 per cigarette butt found on outside of premises.
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES – No drinking of alcoholic beverages by persons under the legal age of twenty-one (21) is allowed. Should a Guest(s) or guest of Guest(s) be arrested for underage drinking at the rental unit property or should Chatuge Lakeside Rentals observe a Guest(s) or guest of Guest(s) under the age of2l drinking alcoholic beverages, this rental agreement may be terminated and the Guests evicted at the option of the Chatuge Lakeside Rentals. Illegal drug use is strictly prohibited. Kegs are not permitted on any property. Any violation of this rule will result in immediate termination of this agreement.
- PETS – You acknowledge that NO PETS are allowed in or on the premises. Our No Pet homes do not allow pets anywhere on or about the premises. A local pet lodge is available should you wish to bring your pet to the area.
- HOMES FURNISHINGS EQUIPMENT ETC. – All homes and condominiums are privately owned property furnished and equipped by Chatuge Lakeside Rentals, as such we cannot make any changes to the furnishings or equipment provided by the owner. If Guest(s) requires special appliances or equipment, please notify Chatuge Lakeside Rentals and bring them with you. Decor, style, and color will vary. Furnishings are subject to change without notice. Under no circumstances are furniture, bedding, mattress pads, utensils or any other property supplied with the rental property to be taken out or transferred from one property to another (will result in a charge against Guest(s) security deposit). Moving of furniture is prohibited; any evidence of such will result in a charge against Guest(s) security deposit. Loss of these items, as well as damage to the property or furnishings in excess of normal wear will be charged to Guest(s), the renter. Certain areas in each rental property are locked for the OWNER’S personal storage and are not included in this rental.
- LINEN – A basic supply of linen is provided in each property. Bed linen and bath towels are not changed during your stay.
- LISTINGS & PRICING – Information regarding listings is believed accurate but cannot be guaranteed. We have made every effort to ensure that all the information on Chatuge Lakeside Rentals’ website is current and accurate. The possibility of errors and omissions exists. We will be happy to confirm all data contained herein or answer any questions you may have prior to booking your reservation. Rates, furnishings, fees, and taxes are subject to change without notice. Rates for holidays, special events, and weekends may be higher. Rates do not include tax and are subject to change.
- DOUBLE BOOKINGS – Double bookings are rare. In the event that Guest(s)’ reservation for the rental property overlaps or matches the reservation of another tenant, Chatuge Lakeside Rentals reserves the right to relocate Guest(s) to a different rental property within the rental program or that of another company. Every effort will be made to ensure that the replacement property is reasonably comparable to the original rental property booked. Chatuge Lakeside Rentals shall have the sole right to select such replacement rental property. Chatuge Lakeside Rentals agrees to pay any additional charges due in excess of the rental amount for the rental property, and refund any amounts paid by Guest(s) in excess of the replacement property rental amount. Guest(s) will have the option to (1) accept the replacement property or (2) reject the replacement property and receive a refund of all rents and fees paid for the rental property. Guest(s) agree that Guest(s) choice between these alternatives will be Guest(s) sole remedy for any and all damages, liability, or inconvenience arising out of the double booking.
- CLEANING REQUIREMENTS – Guest(s) are required to leave the property iii the same general condition it was when Guest(s) arrived. Dishes should be cleaned and put away but beds do not need to be made. Garbage is to be placed in the outside bins. All food is to be removed, including food in the refrigerator. Chatuge Lakeside Rentals will dust, vacuum, sanitize, and clean all towels and linens upon your departure. If additional cleaning is required, appropriate charges will be deducted from your security deposit. Guest(s) is responsible for any damage, abuse, excessive cleanup requirements, or loss caused by any member of Guest(s) party to the property or its contents during Guest(s) occupancy. Inspectors walk through each property after checkout to ensure the property is left in good order. Chatuge Lakeside Rentals will make the final determination of the necessity of any charges to Guest(s). Maid service and other cleaning arrangements during your stay are available for an additional charge.
- EXTRA HOT TUB CLEANING – Hot Tubs have been cleaned prior to your arrival. There will be a $100.00 charge if guest(s) require an additional cleaning of the Hot Tub during Guest(s) stay.
- CHECK OUT PROCEDURES – The following items must be complied with before check out or Guest(s) shall forfeit his/her security deposit: (a). Dishes, Pots, Pans, Silverware, and Utensils must be washed; dried and put away (Do Not Leave In Dishwasher) and the stove/oven shall be left in a clean condition. (h). Refrigerator should be left clean and free of food. (c). Windows and doors must be left closed and locked with the air conditioner on 78 degrees or heat on 55 degrees depending on the outside temperature. (d). All trash put in outside garbage cans. (e), Property should be left neat and in order (same condition it was when Guest(s) arrived).
- REPAIRS/SERVICE CALLS/REFUNDS – Chatuge Lakeside Rentals cannot guarantee against mechanical failure of heating, air conditioning, Hot Tubs, TVs, Satellite Receivers, VCRs, or other appliances. Please report any inoperative equipment to our office immediately. Chatuge Lakeside Rentals will make every reasonable effort to have repairs done quickly and efficiently or move Guest(s) to a different property if possible. Should a repair person make a call to a unit and find that the equipment is in working order and the problem was due to the Guest(s) oversight or neglect, the charge for service will be the Guest(s) responsibility. No refunds or rent reductions will be made due to failure of appliances or equipment. All maintenance requests must be reported to the office between 9 AM and 5 PM (Chatuge Lakeside Rentals answers the phone 24 hrs 7 days a week PLEASE do not put off notifying us immediately as it could hinder us getting the repair done quickly!). Guest(s) understands and agrees that Chatuge Lakeside Rentals may enter the rental property at any time for the purpose of making needed repairs. Please keep in mind that the property has been reserved and held for you and that others may have been turned away. Construction of new accommodations and attractions does occur in resort areas. Refunds or rate adjustments are not made for any inconvenience due to construction, road repair, etc. Please DO NOT asks for refunds. -— No refunds for early departures (less days than reserved) — No refunds will be given for delayed arrival. No refunds for reducing the number of nights reserved with less than 7 days notice V-— No~ refunds or reschedules due to inclement weather.
- TERMINATION BY OWNER/SUBSTITUTIONS – Chatuge Lakeside Rentals strives to comply with all reservation requests for specific vacation properties. However, due to ownership changes, properties being removed from rental use, mechanical problems, or other unforeseen circumstances, Chatuge Lakeside Rentals cannot absolutely guarantee a specific rental property. Chatuge Lakeside Rentals reserve the right to change assignments without notice or liability should the unit or property become unavailable. When comparable accommodations are not available, Guest(s) will have the option of selecting from available properties at the published rate or receiving a complete refund of their reservation deposit. Where there is no advanced deposit and no substitution can be made, Chatuge Lakeside Rentals will attempt to give as much notice as possible so other arrangements can be made.
- ACTS OF GOD/CONSTRUCTION NOISE – Chatuge Lakeside Rentals shall not be liable for events beyond their control which may interfere with Guest(s) occupancy, including but not limited to Acts of God, acts of governmental agencies, fire, strikes, war, inclement weather and construction noise from nearby sites. NO REBATE OR REFUND will be offered in these circumstances.
- HOUSE PARTIES – ARE NOT ALLOWED! – Rental Guest understands that Chatuge Lakeside Rentals will accept families, married couples, and responsible adults over the age of 25 ONLY. Guest(s) agree that more than the number of people stated on the lease shall not occupy the premises. If the unit is occupied by more than the number of people stated, it will result in loss of total rent, security deposit and/or additional charge to credit card. Occupancy in use of premises shall not be such as to disturb or offend neighbors. The use of firearms or fireworks is strictly prohibited. Guest(s) certify that they have read carefully the limitations placed on the number of persons permitted to occupy the premises, and agree to abide by such limitations: if not, Guest(s) will be asked to vacate the property which will result in loss of total rental and security deposits with no refund. NO jumping off top of double decker docks – STRICTLY ENFORCED!!
- RIGHT OF ENTRY – Guest(s) agree that the Chatuge Lakeside Rentals reserves the right to enter the rental property anytime to investigate disturbances, check occupancy, check for damage, to make such repairs, alterations or improvements thereto as Chatuge Lakeside Rentals may deem appropriate, or to show property to prospective purchasers or guests.
- EXPEDITED EVICTION – A material breach of this Agreement by Guest(s), which, in the sole determination of the Agent, results in damage to the Premises, personal injury to Guest(s) or others, a breach of the peace, a nuisance to others, or a violation of criminal law or local code, shall be grounds for termination of Guest(s) tenancy. Violation of any of the rules contained here in will result in IMMEDIATE EVICTION and forfeiture of rent and security deposit.If the tenancy created hereunder is for 30 days or less, the expedited eviction procedures set forth in the Vacation Rental Act will apply. Guest(s) may be evicted under such procedures if Guest(s): (i) hold over in possession after Guest(s) tenancy has expired; (ii) commit a material breach of any provision of this Agreement that according to its terms would result in the termination of Guest(s) tenancy; (iii) fail to pay rent as required by this Agreement, or (iv) have obtained possession of the Premises by fraud or misrepresentation. Any reservation made under false pretenses will result in forfeiture of advance payments and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
- INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS – Guest(s) agree to indemnify and save harmless the Owner and Chatuge Lakeside Rentals for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with Guest(s) use and occupancy of the rental property including but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury or damage or theft of property which is made, incurred or sustained by Guest(s). The terms “Chatuge Lakeside Rentals” and “Owner” as used in this Agreement shall include their heirs, successors in interest, assigns, employees, agents, and representatives where the context requires or permits. The terms “Guest(s),” “You,” and “Your” as used in this Agreement shall include Guest(s) heirs, successors, assigns, guests, invitees, representatives and other persons on the rental property during Guest(s) occupancy (without regard to whether such persons have authority under this Agreement to be upon the rental property), where the context requires or permits.
- DISPUTES – This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, and shall be treated as though it were executed in the County of Towns, State of Georgia. Any action relating to this Agreement shall be instituted and prosecuted only in the Towns County Superior Court, Georgia. Guest(s) specifically consent to such jurisdiction and to extraterritorial service of process.
- CHATUGE LAKESIDE RENTALS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE – all rental properties are leased without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or handicap. Due to liability issues, we are unable to provide prospective renters with keys to preview properties.
- VIOLATING AGREEMENT – If Guest(s) violates any of the conditions of this Agreement; Chatuge Lakeside Rentals may terminate this Agreement and enter Premises. Upon notice of termination of this Agreement, Guest(s) shall vacate the Premises immediately and forfeit all rents and security deposits.
- TAX EXEMPTIONS – In order to be completely tax exempt from hotel/motel and state sales tax, tax exemption number must be provided at time of reservation, and tax certificate must be presented at check-in.
I agree to pay all rent and or charges associated with my stay at Chatuge Lakeside Rental properties. I understand I am responsible for any damage beyond normal wear and tear and any charges will be charged to my credit card. I hereby give permission to Chatuge Lakeside Rentals to charge 50% of my total reservation plus the security deposit to my credit card and understand that the balance of the reservation will be due at check in. PLEASE READ, PRINT, SIGN AND RETURN ENTIRE CONTRACT WITHIN 3 BUSINESS DAYS. THIS MUST BE SIGNED PRIOR TO CONFIRMATION OF RESERVATION.